Viva

Viva

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Back in Iowa City

So a 24+ hour train ride with no wifi! WTF Amtrak no wifi! One of my selling points to me not flying was how much work I could get done on the train. But no nothing.

Train ride was kind of awesome. Nice comfortable seats. It was not too crowded. Overpriced food. Crazy people. But I made it safe and sound.

Spent my first night back in Iowa City seeing people I have not seen in years. Its odd how with some it is like no time has passed and even though we have not talked in years conversations just flow. And with others, its like pulling teeth. And even though you spent so much time together in the past your lives have just veered off each others so much that you no longer have much in common.

Whats to be done? Do you give up and just accept the fact that these people are no longer in your life and dont look back. Or is it just a matter of working at it longer and trying to reconnect.

Spent the night at the bar I used to work. The place has changed so very much. And it was difficult to see the changes. Maybe I just fear change. Or maybe I just fear change in others. I can accept change in myself why not change in others.

No comments:

Post a Comment